Bakersfield Zoom Whitening
Zoom whitening will give you a brilliantly white smile while you are sitting in the dental chair. Zoom blasts away embedded stains in about an hour—even lightening the natural pigmentation in your teeth and making your smile look younger.
What Is Zoom Whitening?
Zoom is an in-office teeth bleaching system for brilliantly whitening your teeth. Hydrogen peroxide is the active ingredient in the bleaching gel. The Zoom light speeds up the effects of the gel to break down stains embedded in your tooth enamel and the underlying dentin. Your teeth can get up to eight shades lighter.
While our take-home whitening is also very effective, Zoom whitens faster and is preferred by patients who don’t want to have to do their own treatments at home.
How Long Does Zoom Treatment Take?
Zoom in-office whitening takes about an hour to complete. We use a series of three 20-minute sessions in one appointment.
What Is the Zoom Process?
Before bleaching treatment, we will examine your teeth and gums to ensure they are clean and healthy. If you are a candidate, we will take impressions of your teeth to customize bleaching trays for touchups at home. During your whitening appointment, we will complete these steps:
- Retract your cheeks
- Coat your gums with a protective gel
- Brush bleaching gel on your teeth
- Shine the Zoom light on your teeth to speed up the process
- Keep the gel on your teeth for 20 minutes as it penetrates your teeth to break up stains
- Suction off the gel and repeat the process twice
- Remove the bleaching gel and apply desensitizing gel to your teeth
At the end of your whitening session, your smile will sparkle. You will take home custom bleaching trays and gel. In a few days, the initial whiteness will fade somewhat, but you can boost the whitening with the take-home trays.
How Long Do the Effects of Zoom Last?
Once your bleached color stabilizes, it will not relapse. However, although your teeth will not return to their unbleached color, they will always be susceptible to re-staining from coffee, tea, berries, and other dark-pigmented foods and drinks. The good news is that you can do touch-up treatments either at home or in the office to bleach any re-staining that occurs. Touching up about once a year will generally maintain maximum whiteness.
How to maintain a bright smile:
- Brush your teeth twice daily and floss daily.
- Use your at-home whitening kit for touchups to maintain the brilliance of your smile.
- Keep your regularly scheduled dental exam and cleaning appointments.
- Use your take-home bleaching kit for touchups.
If you want rapid results for a brighter smile, find out if Zoom whitening is right for you. Call us to schedule an appointment or request an appointment online.