Bakersfield Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is a quick way to make a noticeable change in your smile. Whiter teeth make your smile look younger, healthier, and more attractive. Woolf Dental in Bakersfield offers in-office and at-home whitening treatments.
Teeth Whitening Treatment Options
At Woolf Dental, we offer in-office whitening with Zoom® and at-home whitening with Opalescence Go™. Before you receive treatment, we will ensure your teeth and gums are healthy and that whitening is the right way to brighten your smile.
Zoom in-office whitening brightens your smile in about an hour.
- Retract your teeth and apply a protective gel to your gums
- Apply bleaching gel to your teeth, shine a Zoom accelerating light on them, and let the gel penetrate for 20 minutes
- Rinse your teeth and repeat the process twice
Afterward, your smile will be brilliantly white. That whiteness will fade over the first couple of days, but we will give you an at-home whitening kit with custom trays to continue whitening your teeth at home to boost your results and for touchups to keep your smile bright.
Our more popular option is the take-home whitening that you can do yourself. Opalescence Go uses ten sets of pre-filled, disposable trays to whiten your smile. You will wear one set of trays each day for ten days as directed.
How does Opalescence Go work?
- Place the upper tray in your mouth and swallow to release the inner tray. It will fit snugly on your teeth to help the bleaching gel penetrate them.
- Remove the outer tray and repeat the process for your lower teeth.
- Wear the inner trays as directed.
- Throw the trays away after each use.
After you have worn all ten sets of trays, if you want to get your smile even brighter, call us to request another whitening kit.
Why Get Your Teeth Professionally Whitened?
Choosing professional teeth whitening instead of over-the-counter products has many benefits:
- Safer – Some of the take-home whitening options have safety concerns. If you are using a maximum-strength whitening product, it should really be used under a dentist’s supervision. There are reports of damaged teeth with products that try to be too strong for the do-it-yourself option.
- Better results – The most potent over-the-counter bleaching gels contain a lower concentration of bleaching gel than the professional-strength gel we use. And sometimes, the results from over-the-counter whitening products are barely noticeable—or not noticeable at all. But dentist-supervised whitening will make your smile sparkle.
- Predictable results – Some tooth stains do not respond well to bleaching gel. Depending on the cause of the stains, bleaching your teeth can make stains more noticeable. We will examine your teeth, identify the type of stains, and recommend the best treatment options.
- Whitening toothpastes have limited value – Whitening toothpastes aren’t on the teeth long enough to penetrate and eliminate embedded stains. Regardless of what any marketing tells you, they are only effective for removing surface stains.
- Faster results – If you choose in-office whitening, you will have a brilliant smile in about an hour. The powerful treatment will blast away embedded stains in your teeth. Even at-home whitening will break down stains faster than over-the-counter products.
Interested in Brightening Your Smile?
Find out if teeth whitening is right for you. Call us to schedule an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.